- These are for businesses needing funding of generally over $500,000 to reach a national market often in the technology space. You should generally read about them and get to know their criteria before making an approach.
DFJ Gotham offer finance and also provide content for some informational events
Spark Capital, New York
First Round Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco
First Mark Capital, New York
VentureBlog is a west coast blog which also lists other blogs and resources
NYCSeed is a NYC program lending to technology businesses.
VC TaskForce, Palo Alto, CA
Charles River Ventures, Waltham, MA
Battery Ventures, Waltham, MA
Shasta Ventures Menlo Park, CA
New Enterprise Associates, Menlo Park, CA
Trinity Ventures, Menlo Park, CA
Financing for amounts of $50,000 and below:
Kick Starter, Arrange funding donations for events, films and other not for profit ventures.
ChangeMaker‘s socially minded venture competitions.
Founder Collective, New York and Boston based.
- NY Angels is a group of accredit investors run by David Rose who also runs an incubator. NY Angels have members interested in a variety of business types and offer smaller investments.
- ARC Angel Fund, $100-$500,000, North East
- AngelList, Mailing list of angels (Particularly Valley).
Small Business Loans
- The SBA’s list of lending programs.
- CAMBA Economic Development Corporation offers small business loans to Central Brooklyn based entrepreneurs looking to startup or expand.
- Gary’s Guide has now published a truly great list of funding sources.
- And for non investment (i.e. non commercial) activities such as creating a film or art project Kick Starter.